Monday, February 16, 2009

Isn't it Romantic...?

On Valentine's Day I came home after running errands to find a surprise gift for me from Eric. I dare you to guess what it was. No, it wasn't the standard flowers or chocolates....way too cliche'! (Although flowers are always a good idea! Hint Hint)


It was....(drum roll, please)


A new computer chair.


I will admit it, I was a little disappointed at first. It was a little hard to get excited about an extremely practical computer chair for an extremely non-practical holiday.


I started to think back to last year's gift. He presented it to me in a beautiful purple velvet satchel. I immediately got excited, thinking it was some kind of expensive jewelry. Then I opened it to discover....my own, three-year old watch. I hadn't been able to wear it for a while because the battery had died. He was very pleased with himself because he had gotten the battery replaced for me. My practical man.


So, for Eric's sake, I tried to be excited about the computer chair.


But then I sat in it....Ooooh, it's nice! I was starting to warm up to this gift.


Then, to seal the deal, Eric explained why he thought of getting me a computer chair. He recognized that I spend a lot of time on the computer (ahem, no comment here), sitting on a hard dining room chair. He felt that I would be a lot more comfortable sitting on a nice, soft computer chair. So he not only picked out a comfortable one, he chose one that adjusts in height to fit my smaller stature, and also one that matched our living room decor. There you go! How could I complain?! I was touched.


He may not be the King of Romance, but he does hold the one and only (practical and economic) Key to My Heart!

No comments: