Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Have you ever wondered....?


1. Why they call people who study the weather - meteorologists?
(There must be some Latin form of meteor- that I don't know about and don't want to take the time to look up online.)
2. Where the expression "earning brownie points" comes from?
(Can you really earn brownies for giving the right answer? Sounds good to me!)
3. Why when your hands are all tied up and unavailable, your nose starts to itch?
(ie. gloved up and in someone's mouth, up to elbows in sudsy dish-water, in the middle of cleaning the toilet, you get the idea)
4. Why I seem to get dumber with each child? Or is it more dumb?
You see what I mean?!!

1 comment:

The Norlie Family said...

Haa haa haa!! You crack me up! Here is one for the ol'noggin:

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways? That one has always had me a bit confused.