
Dear Eric,
From the moment we met, I knew that we would always be together. We have a special sort of connection that has only strengthened as the years have passed. We are so alike, I think that we were made for each other. You are my very best friend.
Thank you for being the sort of husband who lets me be who I am. I don't feel like I have to pretend to be something I'm not, and yet you inspire me to be the best that I can. What more could I ask for? You encourage me in everything I do, helping me to learn and grow and accomplish the things that are important to me.
You are a wonderful father. I love to watch you with the kids. You are a natural! From the moment they were each born, you have doted on them as much as any father could! I especially loved to see the look of wonder and adoration in your eyes as you looked at our babies for the very first time. You are a hands-on kind of dad and have always been a tremendous help for me in caring for them, at any age.
I think the trait about you that I have always loved the most is your willingness to work hard. You apply this in everything you do -- your career, your family, and your church callings. You also apply it in how much you love to help and serve others. I am in constant admiration at your dedication to your calling and those that you serve. You are the first to volunteer to help, and the last to leave when an assignment is completed, just to be sure there is nothing else needed! I have learned a lot by watching you and hope that I can try to be more like you in so many ways.
Above all, I know that you have a testimony of Jesus Christ. You are a true example of Christ-like love and you are not afraid to share your love of the Gospel with anyone around you. You are a true missionary at heart.
I feel so blessed to have you in my life, it would be so incomplete without you. Ever since we were dating, we talked about how we wanted to be together forever. I even inscribed in your wedding band, "Yours Forever." I love knowing that our bond will be able to last longer than time, through time and all eternity. I remember how it felt when we stood in the beautiful house of the Lord the day we were married, looking into each other's eyes, and then looking in the mirrors that seemed to go on for eternity. I could see us together, dressed in beautiful white, holding hands, about to embark on our most wonderful adventure yet. And I remember how wonderfully happy it made me. I couldn't stop smiling and crying. You have made me so happy. I feel so lucky that I get to spend eternity with you!
I am, and always will be....
Yours forever,
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment