
Dear Heidi,
When you were born I couldn't imagine a more beautiful, perfect child. Dad and I were smitten from day one. Now as each year passes I marvel at how you change and grow. Sometimes I still see my little girl, and remember how you used to let me do your hair, or watch you play with your Barbies for endless hours. But now you do your own hair, and your time is more likely spent listening to music in your room. It's funny that time seems to slip away when you least expect it.
I want you to know how proud I am of you, and that I love you very much. You were always a very responsible child, and eager to help with anything. That characteristic has not changed. I have watched you as you tenderly take care of your little sisters, and yes, even your brother. You have a natural love and compassion for those around you, and I think this is one of your strongest traits. I also admire you for your perseverence and willingness to work hard. You really push yourself with your schoolwork, trying to do the best you can, and I am so proud of that. I have also seen you really push yourself to accomplish your goals in gymnastics and in music. Learning to set goals and striving to accomplish them is a skill you will be able to take and use your entire life. It is so wonderful that you are learning that already!
This last year especially, I have seen so many changes in you. You have really grown up. I feel like I can talk to you more as an adult, and I hope you will continue to talk to me about what goes on in your life. There is a very magical discovery for a mother as she watches her daughter grow. She gets to see little glimpses of the woman she will soon become. I know that I can see her, and I like what I see.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment