Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Quiet....

My house is very quiet.



Heidi and Ethan left yesterday to go on a trip to Idaho to spend two weeks with their grandparents and cousins. They were so excited. I was so excited for them.



But now my house is very quiet.



It's funny how taking away two of the four children in this household can make such a difference. And it's not only in the noise level. It just feels.....different.



I am starting to get an inkling of an idea what it is like when the kids grow up and move on. My dad told me it's fun to watch them grow and you are excited for them and the new adventures they will start, but it is also hard.



A part of you is missing, a part so integral you didn't even know it was there.



I miss them.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Enjoy your quiet days!! Your kids will have fun with family I'm sure. You will probably get a lot done too.