So, for those of you who may not have previously guessed, I have a serious addiction to my computer. Ah, the internet, how I love to roam....
It is pretty much the first thing I turn on in the morning, and the last thing I turn off at night. There have been many a night with Eric heading up to bed and me saying,"I just need to check my messages...." I simply must know the instant a new email comes into my box, or what my friends are saying on Facebook, or who updated their blog, or what the sale at Barnes & Noble is, or aimlessly wander the golden halls of Amazon. I tell you, it is getting ridiculous.
So what do you suppose would be the worst possible thing to happen for an internet junky like myself?
Total System Failure.
That's right, my beloved friend has contracted a serious disease of unknown origins. I am devastated!
Now I am reduced to getting my fix through stolen moments on the office computer, or suffering through the inconsistent connection of our miserable laptop.
Luckily I have a do-it-yourself type of husband, who has been able to call on computer expert friends. Of course, he also can't resist giving me a jab about "if I wasn't online all the time,"or that I "probably got it from my Iranian friend," who the day before the crash, left a bizarre, multi-lingual comment on my blog.
Yes, yes, I know he's right. But does that mean I will stop?
What do you think?
3 comments:
Like I said on FB - MS is the source of your woes. Bet you never defragged your HD, optimized your RAM, if you had virus protection it probably wasn't very up to date, or turned on. All of these problems can be solved w/ one word: Mac. The cheapest way to enter the wonderful world of Apple is the Mini. I got my Dad to switch and he's been grateful ever since. http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_mini?mco=MTE3MDM
Ditto! Mac all the way! I love mine!
Sounds good, but I'm afraid to change! :) That seems like an entire lifestyle reversal! Will I even know what I'm doing on it?!
Post a Comment