I just watched a fantastic documentary called "Young at Heart." It's about a group of senior citizens who perform various pop and rock songs, touring around the world. The documentary follows them as they attempt to learn some new pieces for an upcoming concert series. It also focuses closely on some of the individual performers, telling their story.
I laughed, I cried, I spontaneously clapped my hands to the beat! There is something magical and mesmerizing about how music can connect people. The music these people performed often kept them going through many health issues, and gave them a valuable direction and lease on life, keeping them "young at heart."
Here is the trailer for the movie. I know it will make you want to see it! :)
And here is a "music video" that was part of the documentary. It cracked me up! It shows the character and liveliness of these guys!
1 comment:
You're right, I can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment