Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Thanks for Thanksgiving
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving last week. Since family was so far away, we decided to invite some friends to share the meal with. I invited a coworker friend with her son, as well as the sister missionaries who are currently serving in our Ward. We had a great time together laughing and talking, and had a big laugh over Elise and her antics. She gets pretty excited with an audience, and even more excited with new friends to show off to.
Sharing time together as a family, plenty of food to eat, a warm comfortable home to live in....we are truly blessed.
I am so grateful this holiday season for all that the Lord has blessed us with. We have enjoyed good health this year, successful and stable employment, satisfaction and fulfillment in service opportunities at church and in the community, and happy and active children.
Most of all I am so grateful for the way my family has been blessed by being members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We receive peace in knowing that, through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ, we have the opportunity to improve ourselves each day, drawing us closer to our Father in Heaven, and closer to our family here on the earth.
******
On a fun side-note, I wrote a Thanksgiving-themed short story for my writing group's website. I hope that you will read it and enjoy it, and remember all the things that we have to be grateful for....especially FAMILY!
"A Thanksgiving Week," by Heather White
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment