Saturday, December 21, 2013
It's Time
A few nights ago I took the kids to the Country Buffet for dinner, as Eric was out of town and I needed a night off from fixing dinner. I was not all that impressed with the meal, but Erica and Elise had fun eating from all the assortment of desserts and sweets. Erica got herself all sticky from a big pink ball of cotton candy, and Elise's face was covered in chocolate pudding and whipped cream. She returned back to her pudding cup again and again, scraping it clean, trying to get another taste of chocolate.
By the time we left, with full bellies and bright balloons tied to sticky hands, the girls were pretty wound up. Elise laughed the entire drive home, entertaining herself with her signature blown raspberries. It wasn't long before Erica tired of the noise and laughter, however.
In a sudden outburst, Erica yelled in frustration:
"It's time to stop farting, and start shutting up!"
After a moment of shock, Heidi, Ethan and I burst into laughter. I couldn't imagine where she had come up with that one. We don't even say "shut up" in our house.
I guess a girl can only take so much farting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment