
We had a lot of fun for Halloween this year. On Friday night we had a Ward Halloween party, then Saturday night was for trick-or-treating, so the kids got to dress up two nights in a row, which they loved.

Eric and I joined in on the fun for the party, dressing up like a couple from the 50's. I put together a poodle skirt for myself, and made some matching ones for the girls as well. They turned out pretty cute! Then Eric and I added our own touch of nerdiness with some cool specks, Eric's complete with masking tape around the nose-piece, and mine bespeckled with some fancy rhinestones!
I found a twin in my friend Stephanie.
Eric found his own twin in Bishop Barker, although I must say the Bishop really knows how to channel his inner nerdiness!


Ethan had fun being very creepy. And I had fun playing with his makeup. I think we were pretty successful in turning him into the undead.

Halloween night turned out to be a very wet one, so we didn't see that many trick-or-treaters. However, we did get a little visit from some mischief-managing teenagers. As we were shutting down the lights and locking up, Eric noticed one of my decorative pumpkins that was on the porch was missing. He decided he was going to try to hunt it down. I must admit, as I heard his truck rambling off down the street, I was envisioning a show-down of epic proportions.
"Hey, you hoodlums, give me back that pumpkin!"
"Yeah, what are ya gonna do about it, old man?"
And out emerges some sort of weapon that I had to force myself to not envision.
Eric's vigilante-ism (is that even a word?) paid off. He found the poor pumpkin around the corner and down the street with his face partially kicked in. We decided next year the decorations come inside at 8:00. I can't handle another year wondering if my husband will make it back OK after attempting to rescue a plastic pumpkin.

2 comments:
I as so glad he is ok! yikes! Your costumes rocked!
Your family looked awesome at the church party--you guys are so much fun!
Post a Comment