Friday, November 20, 2009

Twilight Strikes Again




Last night was the much-anticipated premier of the movie "New Moon," the second in the "Twilight" book series. Like my other Twi-hard friends, I was excited to see this next installment. We planned on attending the midnight showing, and attempted to get tickets online several weeks ago, only to find they were all sold out! Luckily, seeing a guaranteed boon to their weekend gross, the theatre decided to open some more showings at 12:30 am, which we grabbed at quickly.




As it so happened, it has been pouring rain here for the last week. And cold. Now imagine a line of soggy, excited teenagers and giddy groups of women of all ages extending the length of the mall parking lot, waiting for one to two hours to get into the theatre.....Can you see it? Here are some (terrible, I know) pictures from my little camera to illustrate:


I know they are fuzzy, but you get the idea!!






Here are my friends Maryanne, Laura, Amy and Lindsey, anxiously waiting to be let into the theatre.



Maryanne and I got our tickets seperately, so we were in a different theatre than the other girls. They got to go in at about 11:15, while we waited outside for another 30 minutes.

Here we are, seated and ready to roll!!



I went equipped with a full bag: a crochet project, awaiting my attention, my camera, some popcorn from home, and a soda to keep me awake.


Maryanne and I were both in agreement: the movie was.....fantabulous!


I liked it much more than the first movie. The characters were a lot more developed, and there was a lot more action. Of course, an interesting love triangle never hurts either. I can't wait to take Eric to see it. He wasn't too excited to go, saying it's more my thing, but I think even he will like it!



I crept into the house at about 3:30 this morning. I don't remember the last time I was out that late.....Wait a minute, I have never been out that late! I am a self-proclaimed night-owl by all definitions of the term, but that was really pushing it for me!!



Today I am in the dreamy haze of extreme sleep-deprivation, but I must say that it was totally worth it! It's not very often you can get excited about a goofy thing like a movie, and revel in the experience with a bunch of soaking-wet strangers. I highly recommend doing it whenever such an opportunity presents itself!

1 comment:

The Norlie Family said...

I'm glad you all had fun rain and crowds and all!