Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Welcome to the 21st Century!

It's official....the White family has now entered the 21st century!!!
A few weeks ago we got a webcam. It's a nifty little camera that sits on top of our computer. We can use it to take pictures and videos of ourselves, which I have had some fun playing with.
But the really exciting thing is that we can talk to other people who are hooked up with a webcam, face-to-face. We do it through the free network/program Skype.
Last night I talked to my little sister, Diana, via the computer. I got to see her cute little apartment in Provo, Utah, along with some mosaic projects she and Jordan are working on. She also showed me the free chairs she got on Craigslist and recovered herself. It was like I was there in the room with her.....This thing is AWESOME!

Our first "phone call" was to my parents in Boise, Idaho. We spent nearly the whole call just staring at each other on screen, it was such a strange thing to do at first! The kids didn't know how to act, so they just acted goofy, you know...the old stand-by.


Next we talked to Eric's Aunt Patty, also in Boise. We caught up on a lot of stuff and had a good heart-to-heart. There's something different about talking to someone face-to-face. It's a lot different than talking on the phone.



So now I would like to ask if any of the rest of you out there have a webcam so we can "Skype" together? So far we only have those three "phone numbers," and we would love to add more!!




Hope to be talking to you soon!!



No comments: