Monday, October 26, 2009

Computer Woes....Again

A week ago we got a new computer.



"Yeehaw!" you might say. I did at first. It's got a quad processor and a monster wide screen that seems even bigger than our TV. (It's not, it's just really huge right in front of your face!)



But then we started noticing some things. Like the speaker system STINKS and we can't attach our old speakers to it. (Our computer serves as our at-home stereo, so mediocre sound quality is not really an option.)



Then after we finished transferring the programs and files from our old computer, we noticed they started disappearing, and we couldn't find them. Strange and annoying.



Finally Eric gave up trying to figure it out. He wiped out the drive and took the computer back to Costco. He came home with a new one, hopeful that it would work better.



So far we don't have all my beautiful-and-necessary-to-my-existence programs loaded onto this one. I think he's afraid to try, or at least just putting off the inevitable headache.



Now I hace a new complaint....its about the keyboard. For th first part of this post I painstakingly wet back through and corrected all my typos, but fr here I will leve as it is to show mt utter frutratong with this keyboard! It only regiters about a thirfof the keys I hit, so I have about a million typs. Typos ar one of my biggest pet peeves!!!! Plus the keys are positioned just differnst enough that i sonetimes hit the wrong ones by mistake. now when i try to typw a message quickly , it is so messed up I can hardly read it. And ittakes forever to fix it!



Im thinking i will be looking or a ew keyboard. Realy soon....

1 comment:

Diana said...

Computers can be such a hassle. I guess that's why mom hasn't bothered to figure them out yet.