In October we were lucky enough to spend a week on the beautiful island of Kaua'i. We were able to take Heidi and Ethan with us, and I am so glad that we did! The memories that we made on this trip will last a lifetime.
 |
| Our first day on Kaua'i. We were scouting out beaches before we could check into our condo. After six hours on the plane, all I wanted to do was get in the water, but I didn't want to change into my suit in the car! Ethan didn't mind changing in the car, though! This is lovely Lydgate Beach. |
 |
| Some coral at Lydgate Beach. |
 |
| Lydgate Beach |
 |
| Gorgeous waves at Tunnels Beach. There were a couple huge sea lions sunbathing on the beach! |
 |
| Beautiful plantation. |
 |
| Ono Shave Ice in Kapa'a. The rest of the trip, Ethan begged us to go back and get some more. I always thought it was funny how everywhere you went, it was called "Shave Ice," rather than "Shaved Ice." |
 |
| On board the Blue Dolphin catamaran to see the Na Pali Coast and the forbidden island Ni'ihau. |
 |
| I love cruising! |
 |
| Some spinner dolphins joined us on our cruise! |
 |
| Na Pali Coast |
 |
One of the hidden beaches on the Na Pali coast. Several movies have been filmed here, including Johnny Depp's Pirates of the Caribbean.
|
 |
| One of my favorite images from this trip! |
 |
| The "Keyhole" on the forbidden island Ni'ihau. Our cruise took us out to snorkel by the island. |
 |
| Ethan was a snorkeling pro by the time we left Kaua'i! |
 |
| Beautiful Anini Beach! We swam with several sea turtles here. |
 |
| This was day 5. I think we wore her out... |
 |
Kilauea Lighthouse. It was closed for most of our trip, due to the government shutdown.
|
 |
| I think that Kaua'i had to be the birthplace of the joke starting "Why did the chicken cross the road...?" They are literally EVERYWHERE! We saw more chickens than fish on this island. Ethan had a good time chasing them all week. |
 |
Some cool seeds from a tree at the Spouting Horn Beach Park. They looked like flowers.
|
 |
Spouting Horn Beach Park. There was a fisherman down there with five huge fishing rods.
|
 |
| Our view from the Kalalau Lookout. We should be able to see the Na Pali coastline from here, but alas....We waited for over an hour for the cloud cover to disperse but it never did. It was a good 20 degrees cooler here than on the coast! |
 |
| Another lookout from the top of the mountain. Pu'uokila Lookout, also under cloud cover. |
 |
| Gorgeous view at Waimea Canyon Lookout. I got car sick from the drive up to here, but it was well worth it! |
 |
| My gorgeous girl's photo shoot at Kalpaki Beach. |
 |
| What a romantic week with my Honey! |
 |
| Playing at Kalpaki Beach. |
 |
| My island boy at Kalpaki Beach, across the street from our condo. |
 |
| Wailua Falls, famous for the intro scene to the TV show "Fantasy Island." |
 |
| At Smith Family Garden Lu'au. |
 |
| Ethan was impressed with this stalk growing out of the coconut. I don't think he realizes how a seed works.... |
I think the smiles here say it all...this was one amazing trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment