Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ethan's Sunset

(Ethan had an assignment to write a poem about a sunset for his English class. He said that he didn't know how to write a poem. I told him to just write what came to his head when he thought of a sunset. He said, "I'm going to write about a sunset in Hawaii." This poem just made all the money spent on this last trip worthwhile.)

Sunset
by Ethan White

Yellow, red, orange, and purple,
These are the colors of sunset.
Birds flying around for the last of the day,
Searching for fish.
Not a single cloud in sight,
Just the brilliant colors of sunset fill the horizon.
The sounds of waves fill the air,
Their rhythmic beat drumming on the sand.
The smell of salt tingles your nose,
Making you dream of one last swim.

(I think that this kid knows how to write a poem....)

No comments: