![]() |
| Erica on abcmouse.com. She's better with the computer mouse than I am. Is this a good thing?? |
A few days ago, Eric pulled me into the living room in stealth mode, to take a look at Erica. She was sitting in the dark front room, her face glued to the computer monitor, her free hand at her face. I thought she looked cute.
I said, "What?" wondering why he thought that I had to see her like that.
He laughed. "That is what I see every night...YOU! You look exactly the same! Even down to the hand at your face!"
It was pretty funny. And he is right. While Eric chooses to veg out every night in front of the TV, my mindless entertainment of choice is spent in front of the computer. Sitting in the dark with the screen blinding my eyes, freezing cold because we still haven't fixed the heaters in our living room yet.
While I admit that a fair amount of time is spent WASTING time, cruising through Facebook, reading people's blogs, and window shopping at amazon.com, I hope that I am devoting more of this time to actual writing.
I am trying to write at least a little something every day, not counting emails or Facebook status updates. It is turning out to be more difficult than I thought it would be. Who knew that something you loved to do would end up being so difficult to follow through on? Sometimes at the end of the day, I have nothing left in my creative reserve. I am on empty.
I think that I am counting this as my writing for today....

No comments:
Post a Comment