Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolution

"I read from my scriptures every day in 2011!"

If you may remember, for 2011 I set a resolution to read from the scriptures every day.  I made a chart to help keep track of my progress and keep me motivated.  It was definitely a challenge.  There were nights when I just wanted to roll into bed, but I knew I had made a commitment to myself and my Heavenly Father!

As a result of my daily efforts, I have felt so blessed in 2011!  There were certainly a lot of challenges to meet, but I felt so much strength from the Lord in facing them.  I know that I was able to receive better inspiration and guidance for me and my family because I was actively trying to be closer to my Savior.  I was reaffirmed of his love for me, and for all his children, as I read from the Book of Mormon.  I have a testimony that the people who are in that book are not mere characters in a story, they are real people who really existed on this earth.  Their message to us is to testify of the divinity of Jesus Christ, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that he loves us.

I am renewing this same resolution for 2012.  Like last year, I want to be able to say:

"I read from the scriptures every day in 2012!"


No comments: