This week brought a pretty massive snow storm to the Seattle area. I know those of you who are typically surrounded by more snow than this like to scoff at Seattle's reaction to a few inches of snow, but this was a big one! We have gotten over a foot of very wet, heavy snow in the last few days, with very cold temperatures. Today came the addition of freezing rain, along with wide-spread power outages.
Eric barely escaped the storm, flying into Louisville, Kentucky earlier this week to continue training for his new job. So it has just been me and the kids holed-up at home. The kids are enjoying having time off from school, playing in the snow, and watching way too much television.
I have been enjoying taking pictures of the Winter Wonderland outside. Please excuse me while I indulge in displaying more of my favorites.....
![]() |
| This is what a foot of snow looks like in our backyard! |
Walking outside is like walking under a white canopy! The trees are so heavy with their snowy burden, the branches are sometimes even touching the ground! I worry that something may break again....I hope not, because I don't want to lose another beautiful tree!
I love the sound of snow....everything is muted and muffled, disrupted only by the crunch crunch from your boots breaking through the surface. Walking in it feels like you are the only one in the world, sneaking into a secret place where everything is quiet and peaceful.
They are saying the temperatures are supposed to rise tomorrow, then dump buckets of rain, in the typical Washington fashion. So, we are destined for a big soupy mess over the next few days as Mother Nature clears out the pristine perfection she just labored over to produce. I suppose that is why the snow is always so magical to me....such profound beauty, ever changing, transforming the world as I know it, then gone before I have the chance to get used to it.











No comments:
Post a Comment