Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Today


Today we lost a wonderful husband,
loving father,
adoring grandfather,
dear friend.


My sweet father-in-law passed away today, after a brave eight-year battle with cancer.  It has been very hard watching this kind, loving man literally shrink away over the years.  Yet, even though he was going through these personal difficulties, he never lost his spirit or spunk.  I love that about him.

Brady was my second father.  He accepted me from day one, and always treated me as one of the family.  He helped raise four amazing children, one of whom I am so blessed to be married to forever.

I am so grateful for my faith, my testimony, and my firm conviction that I will get to be with him again.  The sting of his passing is very evident, yet I feel peace knowing that this is only a temporary separation.


I am missing him already.

1 comment:

Thelma said...

This brings tears to my eyes. We lost Adam's dad two years ago this month. It's heartbreaking. I too am so grateful for my faith. It is such a blessing to know families are forever.

I will be thinking of you in the days ahead. Please pass on our condolences to Eric.