Friday, September 9, 2011

Chaos is....

four kids, going to four different schools!

Yes, we have approached the inevitable, and it only gets worse from here!  Not only are all four of my kids in school now, they all happen to go to four different schools!

Wednesday was the first day back for the three older kids.  They were each a mixture of excitement and dread.  I, on the other hand, was ecstatic to get back into a regular routine!  Of course, first we had to survive that first dreadful week where buses are eternally late, nobody knows were to go, and I can't find a single gluestick in this entire stinkin' town!


Heidi returned to Cascade High School, as a Sophomore this year.  My little girl is all grown-up, dreaming of Driver's Training and college applications.....She starts every morning bright and early, heading off to her early-morning Seminary class at 6:00 am, before riding a bus to school.  She was the most excited of all the kids to go back to school.  I'm sure she missed hanging out with her friends, since she was stuck at home while I was at work for the majority of the summer.



Ethan returned to Jefferson Elementary, now at the top of the school as a big 5th grader.  He is looking forward to being able to go to 5th grade camp later this month.  It's his last year in elementary school, and I can hardly believe it.




Elise started up again at Forest View Elementary, in the Life Skills class, as a 2nd grader.  She has the same great teachers as last year, which I am very happy about.  Her teachers are wonderful with her, and she has some fantastic therapists who work with her as well.  Everyone there loves her, and she comes home everyday with a new hairstyle that someone has taken the time to do.  Some of them are silly, some are cute.  I am just amazed that she lets them touch her hair, since I can hardly do anything on her without a serious tantrum ensuing.



Erica started preschool at Miss Maryanne's Einstein Academy on Thursday.  She was sooooo excited to go to school like the big kids!!  When I took her picture in front of the door, she insisted on turning so I could see her backpack, which she is extremely proud of.  When I asked her what she did on the first day, she replied,
"Ummmm, painted!" 
"What did you paint?"
"Ummmm, pink!"
"What else did you do?"
"Ummmm, I eated!"
"What did you eat?"
"FISHIES!!"

What more could a three-year-old ask for, than to paint and eat goldfish crackers?  Miss Maryanne knows the way to a toddler's heart!


This is going to be a great year.....CHAOTIC, for sure.....but GREAT!

1 comment:

The Stevens: said...

Wow, you will be busy for sure! Can't believe you are old enough to have a high schooler, you look great:)