Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Birthday Boy and the Parent Bowl

Ethan turned eleven years old today.  Only one more year, and he will graduate from Primary and receive the Aaronic Priesthood.  I can hardly believe it!

Despite the fact that it was also the first day of school, I think Ethan had a pretty good day.  He woke up excited to pack all his new school supplies in his backpack and run off to the bus, meeting up with his friends.  After school, he had a special soccer practice, the last before our first game!  They played in a Parent Bowl, where the kids were teamed up against the parents.  Both sides fought hard and dirty!  One of the boys even taunted one of his 30-year old opponents, calling him grandpa!  We all had a pretty good laugh over that one!




In the end, the kids beat the "grandpas" four to three.  It was a close match!

When we got home, and after the men of the household grabbed a quick shower, (believe me when I say it was a necessity before we could proceed!) we enjoyed birthday cake and opened presents.  Ethan had requested a gingerbread cake for his birthday.  I racked my brain to figure a fun way of decking it out, considering I don't frost a gingerbread cake.  We serve it with whipped cream instead.

As I looked at that very brown cake, all I could think of was dirt. 

And mud.

Nothing says Happy Birthday like a pile of slop.....which sort of reminded me of......


a soccer field, of course!!

So here is my soccer star, in miniature form, scoring that all-important goal!

I thought it was clever, anyway, and it made us laugh at the optical illusion!




It was fun to see my Little Man as a.......little man!

No comments: