Monday, May 17, 2010

A Yummy Failure

A few weeks ago I made some strawberry freezer jam. However, I misjudged the amount of Pectin to add in so it turned out quite runny.


I have been stubbornly eating it ever since. It is so yummy! Who cares that it soaks through your bread? It is soaked in sweetness! I also figured out a few tricks to combat this issue. First solution is to toast your bread almost to the limit of toastiness. We're talking CRISPY. Now if it's a good old-fashioned PB&J you're after, just spread a thin layer of peanut butter on both slices, before drizzling the "jam" over it. Voi la! Perfect insulation!


Tonight Eric discovered the best possible use of this gooey goodness....drizzled over vanilla ice cream.


I am currently licking my bowl clean....


You just can't go wrong with strawberries and sugar!

2 comments:

The Stevens: said...

YUM:) Sounds good... feel free to send some this way:)

Carrie said...

My mom did that with apricot jam one year and we just use it as a syrup now. Delicious.