Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Project Progress....or NOT!

So I have run into a few speed bumps with my sewing project. Or rather, a full head-on collision!!


I was struggling with the bodice of the dress, so I called in the help of a lady in our Ward who is an excellent seamstress. She spent several hours with me one afternoon, cutting out a new bodice (again!), and fitting it to me. Then she left me to my own devices for the remainder.....Big mistake!!


I got the sleeves on without too much trouble, except that it took me all of another day. Then I attacked the skirt. I adjusted it and readjusted it, attached it to the top and ripped it off three times. It was a nightmare!!


Now the entire dress is put together, just lacking the zipper and the hem. I was so proud of myself, until I tried it on! It looks like a tent, with really fancy fabric!! The waist is way too high, with way too much poof in the front. Looks like a maternity dress.


Oh, boy....now what?!?!


Do I call that sweet sister back to help me rip the entire thing apart and start over again (all completed by Saturday, by the way)....or do I scrap the idea and go with something already in my closet?!


Eric is voting for the second plan. Of course, I can always count on him to suggest the easiest route possible. I am the one that loves to add stress and misery to my existence!

1 comment:

Anne said...

That sounds so awful. I feel for you. What are/were you making it for?