Monday, May 10, 2010

THIRTY-FIVE and officially in Middle Age!

So I am now smack-dab and solidly stationed into Middle Age.
Ugh.....
Funny how 35 sounds so much older than 34! (I think I had the exact same sentiment last year too!) And yet, time still marches on....Despite the trauma of aging another year, this birthday was great! I had my big date with Eric that night, for which I was frantically trying to complete my dress to wear. As I wrote before, the dress project was a nightmare. On Friday night I gave up, cut the skirt off the dress, made a new waistband, and turned it into a skirt instead!!!! I was happy with the result, at any rate. We had a fabulous time at the party, ate way too much delicious food, and luxuriated in a fancy feather bed. It was marvelous!
The next morning was Mother's Day, of course. We got home early enough to get the kids ready for church. I was surprised to find that Heidi had made me a birthday/mother's day cake! It was her first layer cake, complete with decorating, and I think she did a fabulous job!!!





My big present from Eric and the kids was a new Kindle. It is very cool! It is an electronic device, about the size of a paperback book, which you can electronically transfer books to. It can hold up to 1500 books. Eric was excited thinking we could clear out some of the copious amounts of books I have stationed all over the house. Sorry to disappoint, but I will always love books, so that will never happen, but this is definitely a fun toy right up my ally!!



No comments: