Monday, May 18, 2009

On the Wings of Love

Okay, I know the title is hoaky-doaky, but I couldn't help singing it as I looked at these fun pictures of my sisters and shots I took from the airplane....
--------------------------
My trip to Boise was definitely a great one!
--------------------------
This year is a season of change for my family. All of the changes are essentially good, but sometimes it's nice to have a final little hurrah before the time is set.
--------------------------
My youngest sister Diana has decided to give up her single status for good. She will be getting married at the end of the summer to a fellow she's known for several years. They were sweethearts in high school. Then while he served a two-year mission in Argentina, Diana waited patiently (well, at least she waited, anyway), writing to him every week. Now they will tie the knot and we will gladly welcome another addition to the family!
----------------------------
Needless to say, things have been crazy at home. Diana and my mom have been trying to get wedding plans completed, all down to the final details, by the end of June. Diana is leaving then to do a two-month tour of Wales with a BYU study-group. It was a chance of a lifetime she couldn't pass up, so it has inevitably put wedding plans into overdrive to complete before she leaves. She will be returning home the week of the wedding. No problem, right?
----------------------------
My other sister Lissa, my longtime best friend and confidante, will be moving cross-country to New Hampshire in a few short weeks. She and her family were there for several years about three years ago, while her husband Jon completed his medical residency at Dartmouth. Now he would like to complete his educational training by doing a rheumatology fellowship in the same location. We are all excited for them to begin this next leg of their journey, but will miss them terribly. My sis will no longer be a day's journey or a quick plane-ride away. I will really miss having her so close!!
----------------------------
My youngest brother Mike will be graduating from high school in a few weeks. (Sorry, Dude, I don't have a picture of you to add below!) He has been accepted to BYU-Idaho, which he will attend in the fall. In January he will be turning 19, so will soon be serving a two-year mission to an as-yet-unknown location. We are very excited for all the changes in his near future. Of course, this also means that my parents will officially be empty-nesters. Who can predict what exciting adventures lay in store for them!!
------------------------------
I was so happy to be able to be home and help out a little with Lissa's move (packing and transporting a household across the country is no small fete!) and Diana's planning (oh how I wish I was there everyday to help with this event!) Sometimes I feel so disconnected from the rest of the family since I live up here in Washington, so it was great to plant myself right in the middle of everything last week!

The three sisters:

ME, DIANA, AND LISSA


My lovely sis and her handsome catch, Jordan Dzubak. I teased her all week saying Diana Dzubak, Diana Dzubak! That's a mouthful!! (It's pronounced Dah-Zoo-Back, by the way, which makes it even more fun to say over and over!) :)


One of the casualties from Lissa's kitchen-packing was a huge Costco pail of chocolate chips. She didn't want to pack it with the rest of her pantry items since it would just melt and be ruined....so sad to see such waste! We therefore had a mission to use up as much of the chocolate chips as possible. So, we melted some down and started dipping whatever we could find in it. The first obvious choice was strawberries, which were very soon all eaten. Next we dipped some graham crackers, Nilla wafers, and pretzels (I know, not nearly as adventurous as I made it sound at first, but they were all really yummy!) In this photo, Diana is modeling an assortment of "Death by Chocolate" that was taken to a church function for a dessert auction fundraiser. We heard it took in a respectable amount of moolah.





All these shots were taken on my plane-ride home. I think this one could very well be a Southwest advertisement! Fly Southwest! I love the beautiful Cascades!



These were some interesting patterns of fields. I never knew how many fields are done in a circular pattern.




Just another fun pattern. I love how the trees fill in the four-leaf clover pattern!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family bonding and helping out. Love the picture of you with your sisters. Love the pictures from looking down from the sky.

The Stevens: said...

Wow, great picts! The crop circles are crazy:) What a fun time for you:)

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

Editor's Note:
Jordan went to ARGENTINA on his mission, not Chile. Please pardon my misinformation. I meant no offense to my loyal Argentinian friends by inferring the high-rank status of housing for two years the One-and-Only-Great-Jordan to another country and beg for my pardon at the local Argentinian embassy! :)