This weekend we went to Ocean Shores, Washington. The kids had a half-day on Friday, so we picked them up after school and got an early start on the road. There was a fair amount of traffic, but we still made pretty good time.
------------------------------
The weather was pretty good, considering it's on the coast. Mostly it was very windy.
It was the perfect place to fly kites. There were several kite shops there, so we picked out a few. Ethan picked one out which was of course.....a shark. It's a pretty cool one, actually. We also got a basic diamond kite as well.

This one was taken at sunset on the beach. The wind was really whipping around, so they were only able to fly their kites for a little bit. Ethan was nervous while he was flying his. He was afraid it would whip right out of his hand. Eric had to help him reel it in.
We ate at some fun restaurants while we were in Ocean Shores. One was Dugan's Pizza. They have a specialty on their menu called the "Gotcha." It's a monstrous 26" pizza that they said is the equivalent of four large pizzas. I was dying to see one, but no one ordered one while we were there. Finally I gave up and when I went to the counter to pay for our meal I asked to see the pan that the huge pizza is cooked on, to get a judge on its size. The guy behind the counter complied, but I could just see the thought, "These stupid tourists...." running through his mind.

We ate at a few restaurants that serve fresh oysters. Eric is a huge fan. He loves them. Especially raw, or "on the half-shell." I tried one again (I do every time, thinking maybe this time I'll like it, but I never do.)


This one is called an "oyster shooter." It's a big, raw oyster swimming in a cocktail sauce....yumm. Eric loved it.



We explored some different places up the coastline and found an area of beach that was a little more protected, so the wind wasn't so strong. It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon. Ethan flew his kite, and the girls played in the sand. It was Erica's first time playing on the beach. It was fun to watch her. She kept putting the sand and rocks in her mouth, of course, so she was a mess by the time we left!

Wow, Limber Elise!
Wish I could still do that!
Of course, I don't know if I ever could!


I love this one of Ethan and his shark. I can just hear the Duh Duh -- Jaws music.


I love this one of Ethan and his shark. I can just hear the Duh Duh -- Jaws music.
Heidi took this one of Elise. It's a pretty cute shot.
These pictures are back on the main beach-strip. The sand is very flat. You can even drive onto it. Eric wasn't sure at first if he could, but everyone else was doing it! He kept saying, "It just feels so illegal!" What a rebel!
This is Heidi with her catch. It's a piece of driftwood that looked just like a dead fish when it was lying on the sand.









3 comments:
We love the ocean too! That picture is so cute. Looks like the White family had a great little get away. Isn't it refreshing to get away even if it's for just a short time? Thanks for letting Heidi come over and swim today. Brooklyn had a great time with her. Happy Memorial Day!
we have had a lot of fun family time at the ocean and beaches too. It looks like you had way too much fun. Love all the fun photos of you all. Love your new look to your blog with the ocean look and I Love the ocean sketched in the sand.
We love the beach too:) Looks like you had a nice time, great picts:) I would have totally done what you did at the pizza place, I'm a dork like that too:)lol
Post a Comment