Eric made this little card for me several years ago for Christmas when he gave me a gift of corrective LASIK eye surgery.
I've always been intrigued by eyes. Everyone has such a unique pattern with a kaleidescope of colors. I thought it would be fun to compare our eyes up close.
Erica, the long-awaited for blue-eyed child! I had quite a time getting her to cooperate for these shots! The flash was so bright and she kept trying to grab the camera. So this is the best there is!
Elise. She probably has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. Look at all the colors, not to mention those lashes! Such a pretty girl.
Ethan. I never noticed before how much of an amber glow he has in his eyes! Is he a vegetarian vampire in disguise? Hmmm, that might explain some things....
Heidi. My clone eye. Even down to the eye-shape! She has a very pretty combination of green and brown.
I was appalled when I saw the pictures of my own eyes. I asked the kids if I always looked that tired and they both answered YES, very matter-of-factly. I guess it's the Mom Syndrome.

Eric, my blue-eyed knight in shining armour. Actually, now that I look at them they look almost green, or turquoise, or grey....I don't know. They're pretty cool, though!
My family knows this little story well, but I will tell it anyway. Ever since I was little I always imagined my Prince Charming to be tall, dark and handsome, but with shocking blue eyes. I have always been in love with the combination. The funny thing was, though, that every boy I ever dated was blond, until I met Eric. In walks Mr. Perfect. Tall, dark hair, tan (he used to work construction and was very dark), with gorgeous blue eyes that caught you off guard. How could I have ever resisted? I was his from Day One.

4 comments:
What a great and original post! I may have to copy you one day!
What a fun idea. I love eyes as well, I think mine have changed color since I've been birthing children. It's funny I always thought I'd marry tall, dark with blue eyes too but when I married Lincoln he was blond with brown eyes, but I wouldn't want him any other way :)
Hi there, I so enjoy your page!!
Its fun to see pictures of you, Eric and the kids!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Love ya!!
You are a HOPELESS romantic aren't you!?!?
Post a Comment