Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Books
I have a curious dilemma, one which I haven't encountered for a number of years.
I don't have time to read anymore.
My life has suddenly been encumbered by so many other activities that I have lost those precious moments, curled up on the couch in the front room, a blanket tucked snuggly around me, a glass of Diet Dr, Pepper sitting on the end table next to me, delighting in and devouring the written word in front of me.
It is a strange situation to find myself in, as I have always (at least over the last twelve years) found the time to read nearly every day. Now I spend my free time sitting bundled up in my bed with the laptop balanced on my knees, reading blogs, writing blogs, working on web pages and websites, or working on stories which are in various stages of development.
I am even behind in my book club books. I ALWAYS read the books for book club!! It's my club!!
So today, in celebration of New Years, I curled up in a fuzzy blanket on the couch in my front room, with my Kindle fired up, a bowl of fresh popcorn and a glass of Diet Dr. Pepper fizzing on the end table next to me, and I READ!
I finished a book that I have wanted to finish for a while, and it felt great! Then I opened up the next one on my list and started on that one.
It felt like a vacation.
I should do it more often...
Happy New Years, and Happy Reading!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment