Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Best Christmas Ever

In case you didn't notice, Erica is making a heart shape with her hands. It's own of her new poses for pictures.
 
We had a really wonderful Christmas together.  Following a delicious dinner of ham and cheesy potatoes, Christmas Eve entailed the traditional kids photo in front of the tree.  They then each opened a present from Grandma Terry, who had flown in for the week.  It was a pair of new pajamas for everyone.
 


Erica was just a little excited....
She kept doing this silly dance once the presents were opened and the Santa hats were brought out.
 


Elise got into the action too.  I had a hard time getting a shot of the kids in their jammies because she was moving so much!  Here she is actually moving her legs open and shut over and over again.  She definitely caught on with the idea that something fun was coming!
 
On Christmas morning, Eric and I were awoken to little feet running up and down the stairs, then Erica bursting into our room and saying in a really loud whisper, "Mommy! Santa really came! Santa really came!"
 
We had a wonderful morning opening presents and enjoying our fun new toys.  After lunch and a much needed nap, we headed to Mukilteo beach to burn off some steam.
 
It was such a beautiful day!  The sun was shining and it was relatively warm, so the kids enjoyed throwing rocks in the Sound, climbing on washed up logs, and playing on the equipment at the beach's playground.
 









 
The day after Christmas, we took the entire family to see the new Disney movie, "Frozen."  It is very rare that we take everyone to a movie, so it was a special treat.  I know that I really enjoyed the movie, and I think everyone else did as well.  Now Erica keeps insisting that she wants to have "white" hair, like the Frozen girl.
 
On Saturday, Terry and I went with a few of my friends to see the Broadway musical "Oliver" at the 5th Avenue Theater, in downtown Seattle.  We had such a fun time together, and I was so glad to get to share that experience with her!
 
I will remember this Christmas break as a time spent with those that I hold most dear.  It was a simpler year, with simple gifts shared and received.  I was a little anxious about what the kids would think about receiving fewer gifts this year, but I shouldn't have worried.  A few days after Christmas, Ethan came up to me and said, "This has been the best Christmas ever!" 
 
I couldn't agree more, Ethan.

No comments: