Thursday, April 22, 2010

Project Runway

So, this is my new project....
For my birthday this year, Eric is taking me to a black-tie event for his work. It is a fund-raising gala for Swedish Hospital in Seattle. He knew that I go crazy for these things, so he accepted the invitation.
........
The gala will be at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Seattle. They will serve dinner, with dancing and a silent auction. What makes the night even more fun is, that we will get to stay the night at the Sheraton as well. A real night away!!
........
That all sounded like a fabulous idea, with only one hitch: I have got to find something to wear!!
........
I decided to take the plunge and try to make a dress. I started with the fabric. It is a gorgeous paisley brocade that I have had my eye on at JoAnn's Fabrics for a while now, but couldn't think of anything to do with it. It is a chocolate brown with a turquoise irridescence, so it looks like two different colors depending on the angle you're at. I love it! The pattern I picked out will follow the shorter, turquoise dress depicted in the picture. I haven't decided about the bow yet, though....
........
So now you know what I will be doing in all my spare time over the next two weeks. I never seem to take on these major projects unless there is an imminent deadline looming on the horizon. That way, I can stress and torture myself as much as humanly possible, creating disorder and dysfunction in my household until the D-day.
........
Wish me (and my house) good luck!!!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

if anyone can do it, you can!!!!

Janet said...

You'll do great! Can't wait to see you in your beautiful new dress!!!