Friday, April 16, 2010

Birthday Girl

We had a fun time celebrating Elise's birthday yesterday....She got excited seeing all the wrapped packages. She was a little cautious about tearing the paper open, however. Perhaps I've told her "NO" a few too many times for her to think she could do it!
She loved discovering the bright and noisy toys inside. She got a great haul of toys, books, clothes, and a swing seat that we plan on hanging outside.

Her cake was a simple one this year. It was a pineapple upside-down cake (except that it was right-side up!) covered in whipped topping. I was immediately reminded of Elise when I saw this figurine because of a new "trick" she's recently discovered....



.....We think it means she wants a hug when she does this. She throws her arms out in a very dramatic manner-- it's pretty cute! I was also inspired from the figurine because she is standing....YAY!


I can't believe it has been six years....
My little girl is growing up!


No comments: