Okay, it's official. There's a teenager living at our house.
Heidi turned the big 13 on March 15th. Not only can I not believe she has gotten that old, I can't believe that I have gotten old enough to have a teenager!
Heidi requested to have a cheese cake for her birthday cake this year. So we got the huge Costco variety, since that seems so birthday-ish, and I covered it with canned cherry pie filling (her choice). Even though you can't see them clearly in the photo, the candles were these adorable black and white patterned ones, with varying stripes and polka dots. Heidi loved it. The cake was so rich, none of us were able to finish our slices. And there's still tons in the fridge! Anyone want to come over for cheesecake....?
Heidi got a really special present from her Grandpa Stevens. He made a beautiful wooden box, with her name lasered on it, and inside it was.....
....this really awesome flute that he made! He said it is made of South American Rosewood, and it is so pretty! It assembles in three sections. The flute also has Heidi's name lasered on it. Dad did such an amazing job! I know it will be a piece she will always treasure. And it even sounds great!!!
2 comments:
Wow... a teenager. It scares me to imagine Isha as a teen, but it is going to happen whether I like it or not! It looks like Heidi had a very Happy Birthday!
Heather, you are soooo old:)lol What a cute girl you have, it's probably tough keeping the boys away:)
What a neat present from Grandpa Stevens, those steven's boys are sooo talented:)
Post a Comment