Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jail Bird

Last week Erica discovered how fun it is to climb the stairs. The first time was when Eric was watching her. He said she practically raced half-way up, before sitting back to look around and see where she was. She had this big grin on her face as he galloped up after her. We knew we were in trouble.


The next day I was watching her in the living room while I was on the phone with my sister. Obviously, I wasn't watching her close enough because before I knew it she was rolling all the way down from about the half-way point. She screamed for a bit, but then wanted to get right back to the staircase again!


Now we were really in trouble!


For a few days we tried our standard gate that you either step over or have to remove. Since it was on the stairs, my legs are too short to step over it, so this was becoming a major hassle! We ended up getting a nicer gate with a swing-door and latch. Problem solved!


Doesn't she make a cute little jail bird?!

No comments: