Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat?

The kids had a great time for Halloween this year, or at least I hope they did. Every year seems like a marathon of rushing from work, getting dinner, cramming kids in costumes, dragging them soggy and cold around the block, then trying to get them into bed after ingesting a scary amount of sugar. And we do this every year because.....
Anyway, I had fun dressing the two little girls. They were matching since I still have a say in what they wear, unlike their more stubborn siblings. They were my little pumpkins. Ethan was a ninja AGAIN, and Heidi dressed up as a scary teenager (a peek just around the corner for us!) We were in three separate parties this year. Eric manned the homefront with Erica, passing out treats to all the neighbor kids. Heidi went to a haunted house with her friends in Seattle. And I took Ethan and Elise trick-or-treating. It was really a mild night, with just a little moisture, so we lucked out. It was Elise's first time trick-or-treating. She wasn't too sure about the experience! She fussed a lot and kept tugging at her hat. Then she slumped in her wheelchair the rest of the time, making all the generous home-owners very concerned for her! "Wow, she is really wiped out!" with the undercurrent of "I can't believe what a bad mother you are! Take that girl home!" After about an hour of this, this became my sentiments as well! Home we went, to stay up late waiting for our first-born to return and gorging on way too much candy!



2 comments:

Brenda Vernon said...

Heather,
I came across your blog on Cali's. Your family looks great. I would love to talk to you.
937-748-0056

Sarah Jane said...

"our first-born"... thats cute.
-Sarah V.