It has finally happened.....every teenage girl's dream and her parents' worst nightmare.....
Heidi is SIXTEEN!!!
It actually isn't my worst nightmare, I am only being dramatic, but this year was a tough one to wrap my mind and emotions around, as a mother. I find myself vascillating between both excitement for this new venture of DATING and apprehension for this new venture of DATING.
After all, I was sixteen once. (My poor, poor parents....)
Since this is such a momentous year for Heidi, we decided to throw her an extra special birthday party. Last weekend I took her and several of her friends to a near-by hotel, where they swam in the pool, watched movies, ate untold amounts of junk food, gave each other makeovers, and stayed up most of the night gabbing. They had a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed spending time with them.
On her actual birthday, Eric took her out on her very first date to a sushi restaurant. Those two love sushi! When they got home, she was greeted with some beautiful flowers, presents, and, of course, her birthday cake!
For her cake, Heidi chose a chocolate cake with raspberry filling. I frosted it with a chocolate mousse icing, and topped it with an arrangement of her favorite flower, red roses.
This girl is so special to me. Words can't even express how proud I am of her, the choices she is making, and the woman she is becoming. She is a compassionate friend, a responsible student, a loving sister, and a good example to her parents at all times.
We love you so much, Heidi!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment