Monday, March 12, 2012

Ethan's Battle Wounds



On Saturday Ethan was out playing with his friends, doing who-knows-what-eleven-year-olds-do, when he got hit in the eye with some sort of flying object.  He came home with a bloody eye, having split the skin both above and below his eye.  Luckily, he didn't need stitches.  We just taped him up the best we could and applied plenty of ice. 

That was yesterday.  Today, he woke up with the huge purpley-red bruise on his eyeball.  He has been panicked about it ever since!  He didn't want to go to church today, and he doesn't want to go to school tomorrow!  Of course, I still made him go to church today, and yes, I will still make him go to school tomorrow, but his reaction surprised me!  He is self-conscious about the red eye.

I can't say that I blame him that much.  After all, Erica and Elise won't go near him!  I just thought he would want to show off his "battle wounds," which make him look like a tough dude!

No comments: