Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Another Erica-ism

I can't resist....Here's another moment in time with Erica that I don't want to forget!

A few Sundays ago I woke up with a sore lower back.  I got into a hot shower, hoping to ease the muscles, but instead they started to spasm.  It got so bad I couldn't lift my legs to get out of the shower.  I practically fell out, screaming in agony, and hobbled over to my bed, soaking wet.  I lay down on my towel, unable to bend or lift my legs.  Every movement was agony.  Long story short....I was not able to go to church that day.  Instead I lay on a hot pad, dosing up on ibuprofen and being waited on by Heidi (isn't she a wonderful daughter?).  By that evening I had recovered enough to move around and even make dinner.  Needless to say, it was not one of my favorite Sundays.

A couple days ago my back was hurting again.  Nothing excruciating, just my typical after-work-sore-back-episodes.  I was laying on the floor, rolling on top of one of the girls' small beach balls, stretching out the muscles.  Erica thought this was so strange.  She kept laughing at me rolling around on her pink ball.  She asked what I was doing and I told her that my back was hurt and I was making it feel better.

"Oh, you's back hurts?"

"Yes."

"Like when you were in bed and your face was like this....?"  She then scrunched up her face with a ridiculous expression, like she was sucking on a lemon.

I couldn't help but laugh.  "Yes, I guess so."


I take it I'm not the loveliest of invalids!

No comments: