Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weekend on Orcas

We spent the weekend with my parents on Orcas Island to celebrate Eric's birthday. We left the kids at home, and enjoyed some good solid adult time!!Of course, we couldn't help but play! Here Eric came across a dead jellyfish floating in the water. He had to pick it up and investigate a little. I'm not sure where Ethan gets this curiosity from.....

The Birthday Boy!


We went for a hike and explored Moran State Park. It was a beautiful view!


My parents on top of Sunset Rock.



We also visited a fantastic pottery shop. This chess set was amazing!!


I couldn't get enough of these gorgeous bowls! It was hard to pick my favorite.....not that I got any, ha ha! They ran about $80-$100 each.



I contented myself with a tiny finger bowl. I think I will put my rings in it.
********
We stayed at the Rosario Resort, which I highly recommend. It was so peaceful and quiet, with beautiful nature surrounding us. The resort's main building is a historic mansion house, complete with a music room housing a one hundred year old Steinway and a pipe organ. It was amazing, and full of history.
********
While we were there, we also went to a concert by the group "Asleep at the Wheel." The music was so much fun, and the performers were first class! I had never heard of them before, but I think I will need to start collecting some of their music. They played country swing, with some great old classics and some more modern pieces.
********
Overall the trip was so much fun! It was wonderful to get to spend some time with my parents, as well as spend some quality time with Eric for his birthday.
I love you, Eric!
Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We missed you Saturday!

Susie and Jay Larson said...

So fun! I love Rosario Resort. I have very fond memories growing up and my Dad driving us in the boat to the harbor and exploring the old Mansion. It was kind of creepy in a cool old way. My mom would drive the camper on the ferry with the litle kids and we would drive to Moran State park and cliff jump.Fun birthday Eric!

Diana said...

You take such wonderful pictures... I love that portrait of Eric! Captures his smiling eyes very well.