When we first moved to Washington, we were living in the pretty little town of Mukilteo. It is a beautiful area, about fifteen minutes from where we live now.
Early on Saturday morning, the Harbour Point building in Mukilteo, where we attended church, was completely destroyed by fire.

We have a lot of fond memories from that building. It was pretty devastating to see it in the state it is now. Our old Ward is now meeting at one of the buildings in our Stake until their new building can be constructed. The news reports say that officials have collected evidence of arsen, which makes me terribly sad. So much destruction from such a terrible act. And yet, the outpouring of love and support from the community has been amazing. I hope that this very negative and hateful circumstance can give us the opportunity to be positive and perhaps create missionary moments with those not affiliated with our church.
Early on Saturday morning, the Harbour Point building in Mukilteo, where we attended church, was completely destroyed by fire.
We have a lot of fond memories from that building. It was pretty devastating to see it in the state it is now. Our old Ward is now meeting at one of the buildings in our Stake until their new building can be constructed. The news reports say that officials have collected evidence of arsen, which makes me terribly sad. So much destruction from such a terrible act. And yet, the outpouring of love and support from the community has been amazing. I hope that this very negative and hateful circumstance can give us the opportunity to be positive and perhaps create missionary moments with those not affiliated with our church.
2 comments:
Hi Heather -
I couldn't help but think of you and Eric after I heard about this church arson.
I graduated from Kamiak HS right next door and my parents live right down the street from there. I remember when that church was built and I am so sad this had to happen to the LDS community. I had so many friends who went to the church, starting their day there with seminary. I even attended a friend's wedding reception there. And my family knows Jeff Lee and his family who were tightly knit with the church and it is devastating that this has happened in our community.
But I couldn't help but think of Eric and his break in at your local church. I wonder if there is some kind of connection...?
My heart goes out to all connected to the church.
-Annelise Kromann
(I used to be on Eric's team at work) :)
So sad, I can't believe that someone would burn a church down, my heart aches for the wicked ways of the world... May God continue to bless and look after you and your little family, we love you guys!
Post a Comment