Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Birthday Boy

Ten years ago today, I sat at my doctor's office, miserable and huge, wondering if my ten-day overdue child would ever come. Then, like a miracle (or actually just a really aggressive "check" by my doctor), my water broke and I was instructed to meet my doctor back at the hospital. So I hobbled out to my car, completely soaking through my pants and the seat of my car, and drove myself to the hospital.
*****
Even then, Ethan was reluctant to come. The doctor ended up inducing labor to finally get things moving. And finally, after fracturing my tailbone to bring him into the world, all eight pounds, ten ounces of him was born! My largest, and most stubborn child. I think it was meant as a warning as to things to come!
*****
My most stubborn and precocious child turned ten today.....





I suppose if he was able to survive (and by him I really mean me) an entire decade, we should be able to make it through another!


We love you, Ethan!

3 comments:

Diana said...

I remember sitting on the couch in the sunroom with Heidi when we got the phone call that Ethan had finally arrived--we were pretty excited to go and see him! I hope he had a great birthday.

Audrey said...

Very cool cake!

Audrey said...

Very cool cake!