Thursday, February 18, 2010

I am grumpy and tired....is that allowed?

It seems that most days it is not. I had a crazy run-around day, which included work, picking up kids from daycare, getting dinner (I soooo did not make it today!), running to the store to get a gift for the baby shower which I forgot that was tonight, going to the baby shower, gassing up the car and picking up some milk, coming home to a messy kitchen, and the list goes on....



Eric was nice enough to run to the drug store to pick up my prescriptions for me when I threw a fit, realizing I had not done that yet tonight. On his way out the door he commented, "I hope you're in a better mood when I get back."



Now I feel rotten. I don't intentionally take out my frustrations and crabbiness on my family, but I know that it does happen. Sometimes I am so tired of being the "nice" one. It's a lot of work! At work I am always pegged with the patients who need extra attention, TLC, babying, and hand-holding....because I'm the "nice" one. So I spend all my niceness on those crabby patients and am left empty for the people who mean the most to me.



So, to my family:
I am sorry and love you all dearly. I promise to try harder.



Okay, I feel better now.... :)

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm just glad I'm not the only "nice" one that has those not-so-nice moments. My poor family! I'm pretty sure this is a normal occurrence in all families, but we just feel like we are the only ones:) Here's to a chipper tomorrow!!