*****
It's a good thing he loves his sisters so much, because he also gets to share a bedroom with both Erica and Elise. And they are not the easiest siblings to share a room with! Elise is a terribly light sleeper and awakens with every movement or whisper. And little Erica still wakes up at least once in the night with a wail that could wake up the neighborhood.
*****
I found it both entertaining and a little enlightening when I read the poem Ethan wrote tonight for a journaling assignment. He was supposed to write a humorous poem about a selected topic from a list. He chose earthquakes. Here it is:
The earth is a shaken'
I am a quaken'
My sister is awaken'
*****
It is rather revealing that an earthquake and his sister waking up (with the obligatory wail) are grouped together on the same calamity scale.
*****
I feel for ya, kid, I really do.
No comments:
Post a Comment