
On Saturday we made a trek out to Whidbey Island for the annual
Tour de Whidbey bike race. Eric's work sponsored him to ride in it this year. Since kids can enter for free, Heidi and Ethan also rode with him. They had the options of riding 10, 28, 40, or 100 miles. Since he had the kids, Eric chose to do the 10-miler.
Let the race begin!!

Here I am following them along the road, trying to take pictures while I was driving. I don't really recommend doing that.
It was a tad bit dangerous. I couldn't really look through the lens to get the pictures lined up, so I lucked out that one of the shots turned out half-way decent.

At the three-mile point, the trail passed Fort Casey, where they were holding a kite festival. The girls and I met the bikers there to watch all the neat kites. There was a chorded off section where some really talented guys danced their trick kites around to music. It was pretty amazing! It had Eric and Ethan salivating for one of those kites!

The girls also enjoyed watching the kites!

Here they come around the home stretch! It only took them about an hour to do the whole course. Both Eric and Ethan lamented over not having done a longer race....Heidi was just relieved to be done! Next year will be the 28-miler for sure,
at least for the boys! :)
1 comment:
What a fun activity for Eric and the kids!! That will be event they probably won't forget. WAY TO GO THE WHITE'S!!!
Post a Comment