Eric and Ethan spent most of last week working on their car, Ethan mostly on "consult," I would say. He wanted a wedge shape, and BLACK. Those were the specifications, and so Dad delivered! They painted it a really cool graphite color that sparkled in the light. Ethan applied a small glittering racing stripe down the center. We tried to talk him into doing a pair of them, or something wider, but this was what he wanted! He also painted the flaming "rocket" coming out the back. He named it....
This was Ethan's first race. He's in the front lane, closest to the camera....
And he took first!!!Overall, Ethan won two or three of the races. He came in fifth place out of fifteen. We all had a lot of fun cheering his car on. Now Eric wants to plan an Elders' Quorum Pinewood Derby. I think they would have a good turnout. I'm not sure whether the boys or the dads had more fun....


1 comment:
Ethan looks so proud of his a car. Pinewood derby is such a fun event in cubs scouts. I remember those sweet memories with my boys.
Post a Comment