Friday, April 17, 2009

Birthday Girl

On April 15th, Elise turned five years old. It's so hard to believe! My sweet little Elise is getting so big! It won't be long and she'll be in Kindergarten!
For her birthday party we met several friends at Alfy's Pizza. It's always a fun place to take the kids because there are so many games there, plus what kid doesn't like PIZZA?!
I decided to go all out with her cake this year....it was so fun! It was a four-layer, with alternating layers of pink and green. On the top was a Precious Moments statue depicting a little girl throwing a tea-party with her doll. She looked so much like Elise I couldn't resist! Of course, I think she looks like all the Precious Moments girls with brown hair.....she is pretty precious, after all!

When we set the cake in front of her, Elise wasn't sure what to make of the whole thing!







A view of the yummy layers.... Trust me, a lot more of it was eaten after this shot! We were lucky to make it home with one extra slice!




Back at home, Elise opened presents. By far her favorite was this baby-doll that Eric and I picked out. She has a cute little face and a soft body, and when you squeeze her tummy, she makes baby-babble sounds. Elise LOVES her! She immediately started craddling her, and rocking her, patting her back. She even gave her a bottle that came with the doll. This was the first time we've seen her interact this way with any toy. It was really wonderful to see! She has been playing with it ever since she got it!



2 comments:

Jen said...

It looks like Elise had a wonderful birthday! It is so sweet to see little girls loving on their baby dolls. The cake turn out perfect!

The Stevens: said...

Happy Birthday Elise! (I didn't realize her and Rhenley are the same age, how fun:) I love the cake, it looks so yummy, cute cake topper, and I love the pretzel border, very creative! Well done!:)