Monday, June 2, 2014

Peace and Renewal


Tonight Eric and I enjoyed a romantic date at Arnie's restaurant, with its magnificent views of the water. While we sat eating our delicious grilled salmon and garlic mashed potatoes we were able to enjoy the beauty of the setting sun as it sparkled across the blue waters of the Puget Sound.

After dinner we walked along one of our favorite beaches, Mukilteo Beach, enjoying the sounds and smells of the beach at sunset. People were out enjoying the night, sitting on washed up tree trunks or roasting marshmallows over fire pits in the sand. There were a couple of kids playing on their guitars, comparing songs they were working on composing. Kids were throwing rocks into the water, which was up for high tide. I scoured the beach for unusual shapes of broken shells.

I marvel at the scenery which is right in front of me, and only about a twenty minute drive from my front door. When I go to the beach, no matter what season or time of day, it always fills me with a sense of peace and renewal. Tonight as I watched and felt the majesty of the sun setting on a perfect golden day, it made me feel both infinitely small and eternally significant. Our Father in Heaven must love each of us so tremendously to create such a beautiful and majestic place to live. I am in constant awe at His wonderful creations, and that I get to be a small part of it.

When I witness such beauty, it fills my soul with peace. I feel content because I am in a holy place, a world which was created in all its glory to bring God's children joy. I receive a sense of renewal because I am closer to Him when I am enjoying His marvelous creations. And although I feel as tiny as a grain of sand, I feel as loved as any creature could possibly be. 

I am loved beyond comprehension, and that brings me joy.

No comments: