Today Eric is in Louisville, Kentucky to receive an award for Excellence in Managed Care at Kindred Healthcare. One of the heads of the company called him personally to notify him of the honor. Eric, along with other award recipients and the heads of Kindred, will enjoy a special recognition dinner tonight. I wish that I could be there to share this special night with him.
I hope that Eric knows what a truly excellent man he is. He could receive an equally prestigious award for Excellence in Service, or Excellence in Fatherhood, or my personal favorite, Excellence in Partnership. He is reliable, generous, kind, thinks only the best of everyone, and somehow puts up with all my crazy ideas. He is my very best friend. I don't know where I would be without him.
I am very proud of Eric, and happy that he is receiving recognition for the wonderful, hard-working, innovative man that he is. But I don't need the head of Kindred Healthcare to tell me how excellent he is. I discovered that for myself over twenty years ago, as he reached across and took my hand at a church roller-skating party, changing the future of my life forever.

1 comment:
Awesome! Go Eric!
Post a Comment