Monday, March 31, 2014
Heaven on San Juan Island
Today we packed the minivan up to the brim with suitcases, about three dozen bags of groceries, two coolers, and a bunch of kids and made our way up north to the amazingly gorgeous San Juan Islands. We are renting a house near Friday Harbor for four days this week for the kids' Spring Break. We also brought along one of Heidi's friends from church, Rachel. I am in heaven. Not only is the scenery beautiful, the house is comfortable and there is a wonderful hot tub right outside the back door.
Like I said, heaven.
Unfortunately my camera, which has been on the fritz for the last year, has not been replaced yet. I feel like I am missing a vital appendage. How can I have a vacation without the proper documentation through fun and crazy photos?? My cell phone camera will have to do. Don't judge me for my grainy vacation pictures...
I guess that I am a photo snob.
We got in tonight close to dinner time. I threw dinner in the oven while the kids played in the hot tub. Then after we ate, I hopped in the tub with the kids. We had a great time laughing together and embarrassing Ethan with female jokes and stories. He tried to outmatch us with a "scary" story from his Scout campout last weekend, about miners who were trapped underground for a year and then emerged with pale white eyes, but it was more comical than terrifying. While we were enjoying the bubbling jets of water and admiring the dark night sky, a deer came prancing up almost to the deck. He checked us out for about a minute, then moved on.
I thought about how much I am grateful for my family and the fun memories that we can create together. I thought about this beautiful earth that God created for us. I thought about how lucky we are to be able to experience it and explore it together.
Like I said, heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment