Saturday, February 15, 2014
Wisdom Teeth
On Thursday morning, I took Heidi to the oral surgeon's office to have her wisdom teeth extracted. When we set up the appointment, we had joked about how it was the day before Valentine's Day, which meant she would not be having any special dates on that romantic holiday. We even envisioned her, with cheeks swollen, and bloody gauze hanging out of her mouth, saying, "Do you wanna be my Valentine?" Yes, we have a sick sense of humor.
Heidi made it through the procedure just fine. They put her to sleep for it, so she doesn't remember anything from it. Ethan was disappointed that she wasn't acting silly or saying anything embarrassing. She was just sleepy.
Yesterday she did get a cute Valentine in the mail from a special friend, however. I am sure it made her day.
She has been eating homemade chicken soup, ice cream, and popsicles since Thursday, and getting tired of it. I noticed today that her jaw is a little more swollen.
Eric likes to remind me of when I had my wisdom teeth extracted. It was one month before we were married. Since we were living on opposite sides of the state during our engagement, he wasn't there when I had the surgery done. When he came to visit that weekend, however, he said that he couldn't believe how huge my cheeks were, and that there was a significant amount of bruising on my jaw.
We went to see the new Disney movie "The Lion King" in the theater with my family, since I didn't feel up to doing much else. I remember that it hurt to laugh. I think that was the hardest part, because I love to laugh.
Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery for my girl that shares my same crazy sense of humor, bloody gums and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment