Last weekend Heidi and I did a little Prom dress shopping...in my closet.
I was happy to pull out my old prom dresses from high school and show them to Heidi, after all, I have fond memories of my mom, pulling out her old dresses from the back of her closet. I also distinctly remember making fun of her gingham taffetta bride's maid dress from her sister's wedding...which she promptly defended as being quite in style at the time.
Funny thing was, I still wasn't expecting Heidi's reaction to my old dresses....she thought they were hilarious and couldn't believe I wore them! And I, of course, promptly defended them, saying there was nothing silly about them and they were quite in style at the time.
Have you heard the expression:
"I keep opening my mouth and my mother comes out!"
???
| Heidi's critique: "It's soooooo shiny...and what's with these sleeves?" To which I said, "Oh, you think these sleeves are big..." |
![]() |
| Christmas Formal 1992 |
| Heidi: "Holy Sleeves!!!" |
![]() |
| Sweetheart Dance 1993 |
| Heidi: "This looks like a costume from a theatre group. Why does it have a doily on the front?" Me: "It's called lace, and it's on the front of my wedding dress too, and it's gorgeous!" |
![]() |
| Senior Priom 1993 |
Heidi was impressed that they were all homemade: my mom made the shiny blue dress and the peach prom dress, while I made the simple teal dress for a Personal Progress project. Personally, I thought they were all gorgeous and Heidi looked amazing in these "old-fashioned" gowns. To be fair, Ethan thought they were pretty hilarious too, but I still don't see it.
Wow, I must really be getting old.



2 comments:
Those sleeves remind me of Anne of Green Gables and her "Puff" sleeves phase. Every girl should see Anne of Green Gables, a classic!
Those pics are totally rad!
Post a Comment